Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day Two: Day At Sea

The morning of October 13th started incredibly early for me. I woke up and looked at The Man's watch on the night table and it read 5:45. Early, but I couldn't wait to start our Day At Sea!

I snuck into the shower and was delighted to use the awesome shampoo and conditioner that they leave for the guests. It's by H20+ and it smells so good and works so great I'm seriously considering buying it for home! I've never actually had shampoo and conditioner from a "hotel" that worked so well!

Anyhow, after I was revitalized and clean I dressed and grabbed the coffee cup I'd brought from home and crept up to Deck 9 to fill my mug with hot coffee. Back at the room I tip toed across the room, coffee and camera in hand, climbing over Goober's bed and to the door to the veranda. When I opened it a wind tunnel swarmed into the room with a vengeance waking up every other member of my family.

Oh well. :)

Here's some sleepy heads out on the balcony waiting for the sun to come up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we were treated to this:

Photobucket

And then it was time for breakfast!

We had breakfast at Triton's that morning. I had a delicious mixture of granola, fruit, and a delicate honey sauce with a danish. It was the perfect start to my day. The Man had Eggs Benedict that he didn't really care for. But the atmosphere was lovely.

After breakfast we dropped the kids off at their clubs and The Man and I were free! After walking around the ship a bit and perusing all of the engine type stuff located on Deck 4 Foreward (don't I sound smart talking all nautical and stuff) we were supposed to meet everyone at a Castaway Club presentation.

Photobucket

Those sure are big chains...

The presentation had more food and sodas in cans! Sodas in cans were sort of a big deal on the ship, actually. It was sort of a meet and greet with other Castaway Club members but since we're not big meet and greeters we mostly just talked to our own family. They showed us some videos on the new ships and the current ships and it was all interesting and good. We met our cruise director (Peter from Switzerland) who we would see many times throughout the cruise.

After all that The Man and I went up to the Beach Blanket Buffet for a very small lunch. Except that there is no such thing as a very small lunch on the Disney Cruise. I tried not to eat much... really I did... but faced with all those choices and then wanting to just try everything... well, it got a little overwhelming.

Stuffed once again it was time to go grab the kids from the clubs so we could see Toy Story: The Musical! One thing about the Disney Cruise that we have enjoyed both times are the Broadway quality productions on board every evening. Since it was our Day At Sea, there was also a matinee showing of Toy Story and it was one we really didn't want to miss.

It was absolutely adorable and entertaining. The set was beautiful! The toys were HUGE and the toybox even HUGER! We thoroughly enjoyed it and it kept the kids attention throughout the whole production.

Photobucket

After Toy Story The Man and Bug and Goober all decided it was time to take a nap. I guess I woke them all up a little too early. :) Munchkin wanted to swim so I went up to Deck 9 to watch her run circles going down the Mickey Slide. After a little while, she and Goober went back to their club, Bug went to see a movie with our niece and The Man and I went for a drink at The Cadillac Lounge.

Photobucket

This is one of our favorite spots on the cruise. It is never crowded and always peaceful and relaxing. Kids are not allowed and there is always light jazz or piano music wafting in the air. The seats are inviting and comfy. The Man and I chose to sit next to the porthole all the way in the back and watch the ocean. I ordered perhaps the most delectable martini on earth - The Chocolate Wrap. I don't know what's in it, but I was back a couple nights later for another one.

By the time we were done with our drinks it was time for dinner at Triton's. More food, I know. I was still so full I really didn't eat much at Triton's. I ordered a steak but didn't really care for the sauce and I wasn't even remotely hungry so I enjoyed my diet coke and the conversation. The Man ate two orders of escargot. :)

After dinner I was exhausted so we went back to our stateroom and found another beautiful turn down service, courtesy of Lorenzo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

A crown to announce their newest itineraries in 2010 in the Mediterranean and the Baltics. Again we were all rocked to sleep by the ocean and on our way to Nassau!

1 comment:

LizzyBee said...

Cool! Can't wait to read more about the trip, thanks for sharing.